Monday, September 26, 2011

Who has got the best eggs ever?

I like my eggs and eat them too.
A friend posted the recent Los Angeles magazine article today on my FB page about...you guessed it...farm fresh EGGS! When the article came out, I was thrilled for the exposure for John and Nadine DeBruin.  But then my cohort at the Sunday MarVista Market and I were left scratching our heads a bit. SECOND???

John pastures eggs a la Joel Salatin method and currently has about 150 egg layers that follow the cows on pasture. Gama eggs has 2,000 birds on 1 acre of land. They are free range. John does not feed his egg layers soy feed. I am not sure what Gama feeds their birds.

I took my first good look at the actual picture of the eggs from the LA Magazine article today and got even more befuddled. The egg labeled #1 looks more like Dey Dey's eggs than #2, which is labeled with DeyDey's sister company that raises cattle. This is all so wierd.

So anyway, I posted my pictures of Dey Dey's eggs vs. Trader Joe's organic free range eggs for your perusal on my facebook page. Enjoy.

This past week Gama was not at Sunday Mar Vista, and with us having so few eggs to sell and the only other vendor selling out, people were scrambling for their eggs (yes, pun intended!). Ah, people after my own heart.

Gama will be back at the market next week... so have no fear. You can buy your farm fresh free range eggs.

I have an egg and photography addiction, and puttin' them together is making me giddy. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment