Sunday, November 27, 2011

Farmer's Market Customers: Buyer Beware, part 2 of 3.

Part 2 of a 3 part series. Part One and Part Three

When I found out about the source, I knew I had to visit the source as soon as possible.

What I heard was the testimony of a witness to what he alleged was fraudulent activity on the part of Sharon Palmer: buying goats milk for cheese making while advertising it as her own goats milk cheese, as well as buying eggs and chicken and repackaging them as Healthy Family Farms product. Several members of her family were also said to be aides/witnesses in this operation.

I do not feel at liberty to share all of what the source shared. I do feel that it would be wise for the source to contact the Los Angeles District Attorney's office. I contacted the District Attorney's office with news of a witness, but so far no one has called back.


In order to prove their version of events, I asked the source for photographic or paper evidence of what they had witnessed. The source gave me a receipt for sales of poultry from Roger's Poultry in CA to Healthy Family Farms in the amount of $1,726.58. This receipt was recovered from a dumpster in 2008. Roger's Poultry confirmed Healthy Family Farms had been a customer, but the account is now closed because Sharon Palmer had owed them money that they never received. Roger's Poultry sells conventionally raised chicken, organic chicken, chicken livers and feet, as well as duck and turkey. They also sell pork, veal, lamb and game meats (including rabbit).

Part 2 of a 3 part series. Part One and Part Three 

No comments:

Post a Comment