Thursday, January 19, 2012

A New Year

Hello dear readers.


UPDATE: I wrote this this morning without reading the news coming out about the OPDC November 2011 recall in the comments section of The Complete Patient blog or Organic Pastures news release on Facebook. Boy, is OPDC ever in damage control mode. The full report about the recall will be coming out from the CDFA on Friday. I went out on a blaze of infuriated mother tiger rage on The Complete Patient blog. TCP blog comments.

May the new year bring you peace and joy.

It is time to bury the proverbial hatchet. I've been seeing and hearing a lot of talk about Mark McAfee having his cart before his horse. I think it is mostly true in his case.

But when one criticizes another, one must look at oneself first.

Not to get all metaphysical on you but the people who annoy me or frustrate me the most are my greatest teachers. Am I in anyway misrepresenting myself? You betcha. And now it is time to walk the talk in my own personal life.  It's been awhile since I've been to my favorite farmer's market or patroned my favorite farmers.

I will still be watching the Rawesome case closely as well as Organic Pastures, and posting any relevant updates here.

For now, I will leave you with this audio, and my simple explaination is that I no longer trust the leadership of Laura Avery at the Santa Monica farmer's market. Yes, it is one of the oldest and strongest markets in the state. But so is the San Francisco Ferry Buiding Market and several others who will have nothing to do with Mark McAfee in their markets. She needs to pay more attention to the integrity of the farms who sell in her markets. For now, so as not to throw the baby out with the bathwater, I will just avoid said farmers, and patronize those farmers and businesses who do it right and are honest and forthright.

Laura Avery's radio interview with Mark McAfee about the November 2011 raw milk recall.

Best,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment